Back in the day, Twitter asked you to share “What are you doing right now?”
Twitter has evolved beyond that simple query, but most (non-commercial) Tweets are still a variation on that status update – what I’m doing/thinking about/caring about/what’s happening.
But there’s a filter between brain and tweet (fortunately), and people consciously think about what they put out there in social media.
So imagine, for a moment, the filter was removed and people tweeted honestly about what they are actually doing, right now:
10. I’ve just spent five minutes thinking up a witty reply to a @celebrity.
9. I’m in transit, and bored out of my mind. *tries to look busy*
8. I’m sending this note to strangers instead of emailing my mother.
7. I’m sharing this piece of internet content b/c it makes me look funny/smart/clever/in-the-know.
6. I’m tweeting to raise my profile in the hopes of getting a #newjob (or a raise).
5. I’m flirting with someone I’ve never met, but because it’s in plain view of the world it’s not at all creepy.
4. I’m railing against a @LargeCorporation whose service wasn’t 100% b/c I’m unhappy with my own life. #JustLostACustomer
3. I’m making my strongly held political/religious views known to my 51 followers.
2. Sharing info/photo about my cat because it’s the most interesting thing in my life.
1. I’m on the #toilet. *flushes*
I’m sure there’s more. What other honest tweets have I missed?
Tweet me with your #HonestTweets to @thejeffnorton.
Pros and Cons of Use Water Saving Shower Head
Best Mobile Planer
Choosing the Perfect Rifle Scope for You
The Type Of Mattress That Will Fit You
A Good Sides Of Making Portable Humidifier, Even If You Have Whole House Humidifier
What Backpack Is Best To Carry The Boy